2. n. See 1615 quote.
3. n. after 1759, the British province encompassing what was formerly French Canada.
4. n. the Provinces of Upper and Lower Canada [1791-1841 ].
5. n. the Province of Canada, a union of Upper and Lower Canada known as Canada West and Canada East respectively [1841-1867].
6. n. after 1867, the confederated provinces of old Canada and the Maritimes, with the later addition of the newly created provinces of the west, of Prince Edward Island, and, in 1949, of Newfoundland.
7. n. in Newfoundland, the mainland of Canada.
8. n. a kind of large gray goose, Branta canadensis, with a black head and neck and white cheek patches.